The Startup Canada Awards recognize those driving impact and demonstrating excellence in Canada’s entrepreneurship and innovation community.
Each year, hundreds of nominations pour in from across Canada, and thousands join us as we celebrate the regional winners at local, grassroots ceremonies in startup spaces and education hubs.
Check out the recap video from last year's awards:
This year, we are delighted to announce 6 regions for the 2017 Startup Canada Awards: British Columbia, Ontario, the Prairies, Quebec, the Atlantic, and the newest region, the North! The Startup Canada Awards culminates in October 2017 with a red carpet Grand Finale in Ottawa celebrating the national winners. Click here to register for a regional event near you or the Grand Finale today.
Nominations are now closed for 2017 Startup Canada Awards.
The winners of the Startup Canada Awards are selected by an esteemed adjudication committee which consists of a diverse group of leading entrepreneurs, ecosystem builders, and previous Startup Canada Award recipients. Regional and National Adjudications committees to be announced.
Check out photos from last years awards:
- 2016 Grand Finale | Toronto
- 2016 Prairies region ceremony | Edmonton
- 2016 British Columbia & the North region ceremony | Vancouver
- 2016 Ontario region ceremony | Waterloo
- 2016 Quebec region ceremony | Montreal
- 2016 Atlantic region ceremony | Fredericton
Objectives of the Startup Canada Awards
- Celebrate those working to advance entrepreneurship in Canada;
- Increase awareness of the importance of strengthening Canada's entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture
- Incentivize efforts and elevate the ambitions of the Canadian entrepreneurial community